8:45 am – Pick up at the Navy Memorial, 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
9:10 am – Pick up at East Falls Church Metro Station
- Dodona Manor or The Marshall House, the former home of General George C Marshall, is thoughtfully interpreted and presented; this general, author of the Marshall Plan and Defense Secretary came here to refresh
- Lunch on your own in downtown Leesburg where a variety of restaurants and eateries are available
- Group Tasting at Zephaniah Farm Vineyard, a family farm with roots to the early 1800’s that now grows 14 different varieties of grapes and was listed in Travel and Leisure Magazine’s 2018 top vineyards in the US
- Morven Park, the small 1780 fieldstone house expanded to a Greek Revival mansion that is the “Central Park” of the Leesburg area with its vast grounds; we will have a tour of Davis Mansion which will just have been decorated for the holidays, as well as two museums on the grounds
- Addition Information on Loudoun will be included
5:20 pm – Drop back at East Falls Church Metro Station
5:45 - 6 pm – Drop back at Navy Memorial
Charge: $89 per person and is non-refundable
Notes: The tour is open to all Guild member levels, but will be opened to family and friends beginning on November 15. Tour will be conducted on a 35 passenger minicoach. Co-hosted by the Guild and Visit Loudoun!
Training Objective: To introduce members to Loudoun County, the third most populous county in Virginia and Washington, DC’s neighbor to the northwest. This day trip will concentrate on Leesburg, Loudoun’s county seat, with two historic sites and a vineyard as the area is known as Virginia’s wine country. Increasingly visitors to our area want more experiential site offerings and Loudoun is a perfect example of that with wineries and farms to visit. Visitors also want some off-the-grid sites, and the historic homes we will go to also relate back to what we showcase in Washington and our understanding of the area’s history.
Any questions, contact your Training Team ~
Guild of Professional Tour Guides of Washington, DC Training Committee
Christen M. Eliason, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandra K. Moore, email@example.com