Sample Contract with COVID-19 Guidance
Friday, June 19, 2020
Posted by: Jackie Frend
Ima Guid 1600 PA Avenue, NW
Licensed DC Guide Fictional City, MD 00000
SAMPLE GUIDING CONTRACT
Organization & Contact:
Guide Services Dates & Times:
Meet-up & Drop-off Locations: Ima Guide will meet the group at .., the drop-off location will be….
Fee for Services: $ xx per hour (4 hour minimum) x 4 hours = $xxx. Total fee due $
Payment: A 25% deposit of $... will be provided at the signing of this contract. Then at the start of tour the remainder fee will be paid. Payment options to include: 1) check payable to Ima Guide, 2) an envelope containing $... in cash, 3) Pay pal, Venmo or other electronic transfer.
Itinerary: I understand the actual itinerary may vary depending on weather, traffic, venue closures and conditions beyond control of the guide.
Health and Safety Guidance: Ima Guide will provide in writing the guidelines she uses before, during and after a tour related to enhanced sanitation and health practices in a time of Covid-19. Similarly, each traveler will sign an informed and consent pledge aka an “I Will” pledge (both documents below). Persons who refuse to follow the health and safety guidelines will be asked to leave the tour.
Cancellation Policy: If client cancels the tour within 15 days the client agrees to pay 50% of the fee for service. Cancellation within seven days before the scheduled tour, client will pay the full amount of the contracted services. The deposit can be used to offset the cancellation fee. If Ima Guide is unable to conduct the tour, she is responsible for securing a comparable replacement guide for the job; the client is to be notified at once of any changes.
Please sign, scan, and email to Imaguide@gmail.org
Ima Guide Date
Page 1 of 3
CLIENT HEATH & SAFETY PLEDGE
(To be signed by those taking the tour)
During this time of COVID-19, the health and safety of individuals is paramount. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) information states that COVID-19 is transmitted by respiratory droplets from infected individuals, even if persons show no symptoms. To mitigate the risks associated with the spread of the Coronavirus, it is requested that all individuals participating in the tour agree to:
· Practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
· Distance physically at 6 ft (2 meters) apart or at a spacing agreed to by the guide
· Follow group management recommendations for foot traffic and space limitations designations
· Wear a cloth mask that covers both the nose and mouth and sneeze or cough away from the group, even if wearing a mask
· Inform the tour leader immediately if feeling ill, or if you have been in contact with someone who has had Covid-19
I agree to following these health and safety practices, and a refusal to cooperate with the guide during the tour could result in the cancellation of the tour, or my removal, and no refund will be provided.
I recognize that while on tour I risk being exposed to and possibly contracting Covid-19 or other illness, and hereby release and hold the tour guide harmless of any liability or claim resulting an illness that occurs on or after the tour.
I acknowledge I have read and understand the Client Health & Safety Pledge and the Tourist Guide Health & Safety Pledge.
Guest Name & Date
Page 2 of 3
TOURIST GUIDE HEALTH & SAFETY PLEDGE
(To be signed by the guide and provided to the visitor)
The health and safety of individuals is of utmost concern, during the time of Covid-19, therefore, I will take enhanced precaution to safeguarding guests and will:
· Check regularly, before the tour, the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the National Park Service, and touring locality for updates on guidelines and any health warnings.
· Practice good hand hygiene and respiratory protocols, such as carry personal hand sanitizer on tour and wear a cloth mask or plastic face shield or other recommended personal protection equipment (PPE) for personal use.
· Set clear expectations at the beginning of the tour for the respiratory etiquette, physical distancing and other expected health and safety practices to be displayed throughout the tour.
· Clean masks, face shield and other PPE and sanitize/disinfect my backpack and shared materials after each tour.
· Stay alert to signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
· Be open to continuous program health and safety enhancements.
Guide Name & Date
Page 3 of 3